Monday, March 13, 2017

Trade with Facebook reader Brent Koehler

I guess all these years in blogger world I've been spoiled by the overall generousity of fellow bloggers/collectors when it comes to trading. What I mean by this is whenever I've saught something, such as commons to complete a set I've posted my want list and waited to see if anyone could help.

We would exchange emails, letting each other know what we wanted that they had. There have been many times where I've sent more than I would receive and vice versa. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most bloggers aren't running to the price guide before we make a trade, especially for low end stuff. It's just one collector helping out another collector.

However as I've ventured out into various trading card groups on Facebook, the people there haven't been so kind. I was trying to work out a deal with a guy just last week. He had several 2017 Topps commons I needed, but could only find about 8 cards on my want list. The guy wanted me to pay him the difference in cash. Needless to say we didn't end up with a deal.

I say all this because Brent Koehler came into the picture and offered to help. He looked over my want list and sent me a list of cards he wanted. A Twins collector, he gobbled up several cards. I also threw in some extras just because. Brent messaged me that his cards safely arrived and that he was happy. On Monday, his trade package arrived as well - more 2017 Topps Series 1 commons plus several of the 1987 inserts!

I'm very close to finishing off series 1 base now thanks to a few trades. Thank you Brent for helping me out. I'll try to remember to set aside any new Twins cards for you in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Some of the Facebook groups are like the wild West sometimes. There are real collectors on there but it can sometimes be hard to find them through all the people who care more about making a dollar than the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great example of why I am so happy that I joined the blogroll!

    ReplyDelete