Thursday, October 27, 2016

Cardboard from South Korea

Ever since I launched my Rey Ordonez Super Collector blog earlier this year, I've been rejuvenated in my quest to acquire one of every card of his in existence. I had to completely revamp my have/want list as well as reorganize the binder I had the cards in. It's been a lot of work, but it's been fun.

  

The other part of the fun has been searching out the cards I don't have. While I have a good many of his cards, there are some serially numbered cards that just don't seem to turn up very often. A lot of these are Pacific inserts, but the Fleer Flair Legacy Collection cards have eluded me for a very long time. Recently I came across this Row 2 Legacy card on eBay with a Buy It Now offer. I made a somewhat low ball offer and the seller accepted! When I got the invoice I was at first appalled by the high shipping quote of $4.95, then I noticed the card was shipping from South Korea?

I know baseball is big in Cuba and Japan, but I didn't think much about the sport being played elsewhere in the world. Thankfully the card came safe and sound and the seller packaged it well. It's a beautiful card, much more so than the scan. I still lack the Row 1 and Row 3 Legacy cards before the 1998 Flair set will be complete. Be on the look out for this set to be shared on my Rey Ordonez blog in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment