Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The Call Up - Dansby Swanson

August 17th, 2016. According to MLB.com, This is the day that the highly touted Braves prospect, Dansby Swanson is scheduled to be called up to the Show. I am working out of town this week, but you can be sure I will be in front of a television tomorrow night to watch this kid everyone is talking about.

pic courtesy of ajc.com

Earlier today the Braves made a roster move when they shipped Erick Aybar off to the Detroit Tigers, effectively making room for Dansby. He has done a great job in AA Mississippi, hitting .261 with a .745 OPS in 84 games. He started this season at Class A with the Carolina Mudcats.

On the baseball card front, I've only been able to pick up a few cards of him (in a Braves uni), mostly Bowman. I look forward to seeing Topps and even Panini create more cards of him as this season continues to unfold. After all, the baseball season in the card world never truly ends. 

I'm headed to Atlanta this weekend to see the Braves take on the Nationals and I was already psyched, then they pick up Kemp and I was on cloud 9. I have front row seats in left field for Saturday. Now hearing this news has me looking forward to the weekend that much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment