Friday, November 1, 2013

Looking to help a new baseball card collector (age 7)

Over the weekend I saw a post by an old friend of mine who's son has recently taken an interest in collecting baseball cards.  He posted a picture of his 7 year old son holding a 2013 Gypsy Queen Jackie Robinson card and the smile on his face was priceless!

They live in Charlotte, NC no too terribly far from me, but they are originally from Philly.  I'm not sure if he has any other favorite players outside Phillies and Jackie Robinson, but I'd like to get a little "welcome to the hobby" package together to present to him.

To accomplish this I'm reaching out to me fellow blogger friends.  I know I haven't been as active over the
last 6 months or so, but I've met a lot of generous guys and gals through my blog.  If you would like to participate and send something related along those lines, drop me a line (flywheels at yahoo.com) or leave a comment.  I really think it'd would be cool to have a Phillies relic card to give him as well.

I'm planning on going through my mess of a collection this weekend to see what I can find, but if any of you Phillies fans are reading this and have some dups laying around please let me know.

Some of you have business cards for your blog.  If you have something like that include it w/ your gift and perhaps I can get his dad to share some of these great blogs w/ him as well.

Thanks for considering helping out!

** UPDATE - NOVEMBER 2, 2013 **

I found out from his dad that his favorite players right now are Derek Jeter and David Ortiz!  Of course he likes the Phillies too, but was pulling for the Sox in the World Series.

7 comments:

  1. Count me in. I'll get you something in the mail on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy, I really appreciate it!

      Delete
    2. Sorry I missed the mail date. I'll see if I can find a Jeter and Ortiz or three to send.

      Delete
  2. I'd love to join in. Hit me with your address and I'll get out some cards to include in the package. More than happy to drop an Ortiz relic into the package too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me an e-mail JediJeff - flywheels@yahoo.com

      Delete
  3. I'd love to help out. Send me you addy, and I'll get some stuff ready for him. Always up for getting kids involved in the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome TIm! Send me an e-mail and I'll get you my address - flywheels@yahoo.com

      Delete