Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Verse

Whew!  What a last couple of weeks this has been!  First off the main reason for me not being in front of a computer much has been work.  The company I work for has been on the selling block for over a year and I've weathered a sale that fizzled late into the process last year.  Earlier this year we were informed again that we were going under contract again with a new start up company.  Last week the deal was finalized.  On top of all this change, the new VP of Operations decided to move me to Rock Hill, SC where I live and take over our property down there.  Of course I was beside myself excited.  I've been driving nearly 85 miles each day to and from work for the past 2 years.  The Rock Hill property is less than 15 miles round trip from my home.

However I still find myself heading back to Charlotte to my old property to train my former area manager who was downsized during the take over.  He lasted all of one day before he turned in his resignation.  Now I get to go back to Charlotte again once a new manager has been hired so I can train yet another person.

Oh, by the way.  My new assistant manager in Rock Hill has sent me a total of 147 text messages in one week asking me various questions while I've been in Charlotte training.  He ain't new either...he's been at that property for at least a year!

So while things may have not quite calmed down yet, I found myself with a little bit of time this evening so I decided to sit down in front of my computer for the first time in nearly two weeks.  I've got lots of new cards to share, a completed trade and some new trade bait that should tempt any Royals, Blue Jays or Orioles fans.

This weekend was a blast though as I got to take in a minor league baseball game Saturday night with my wife (sans the kids!) and get to see Braves' 1B Freddie Freeman on rehab up close and personal.  I plan to share more on this soon.

Before I sign off I wanted to make sure I shared my weekly Sunday Verse.  I hate that I missed my weekly post last week, but what can you do about it?  Rewind time?  Have a great Sunday evening everyone!

John 10: 28-30

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

No comments:

Post a Comment