Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunday Verse

Isaiah 53:5-6

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

I spent my weekend with my family tent camping for the first time.  I'm not the biggest outdoors person and I wasn't sure how my little girls would take to camping or sleeping in a tent in the cold.  Overall it was a lot of fun.  Had a blast getting dirty, throwing anything we could get our hands on in the campfire.  Friday night it was COLD which made for a rough night.  Saturday night got better in terms of temperature.  However around 3:30 am it began to rain and let's just say we found out the hard way that you need to pull the tarp over top of your tent very tight.  We all woke up early this morning wet...some parts of the tent were soaked.  So needless to say we packed up our gear and headed home a little earlier than we had anticipated.  I hated that we missed Easter services today, but this was some of the best time spent w/ my wife and kids in awhile.

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend / Sunday.  I'll be posting soon one last push to get the group break full as there are a few spots left.  Hope to get it underway later this week.

Oh yeah...Opening Day is finally here!  Well at least it'll be here tomorrow at 7 PM for me and the rest of Braves Country.

2 comments:

  1. Tent camping makes for some great family memories.
    Happy Resurrection Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Problem is now the wife wants to buy a pop up camper! Hope you had a great Easter too!

      Delete