Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Verse

Isaiah 53:5-6

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

I've never been good at memorizing Scripture, but this verse was always easy to me thanks to music.  What do I mean by that you ask?  In the mid 80's my older brother introduced me to the band Stryper.  Michael Sweet and his brother took the name from this very verse...only a different version (may have been the KJV).  Anyhow if you read this verse and don't full get the meaning of it as in how much tortue Jesus endured for you and for me then I strongly urge you to watch the movie "The Passion of the Christ" and you'll see just how much abuse He took for you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment