Monday, February 27, 2012

Pack Break - 2012 Tristar TNA Impact Reflexxions

I've had this pack of cards sitting here on my desk for awhile now.  Since I'm sitting here watching Monday Night Raw I figured now would be a good time to get this pack posted...even if it is of the competitor TNA.

 Photobucket

I swear every time I turn around it seems that Tristar is pumping out a new TNA product.  I don't watch much TNA on Thursday evenings very often, but I'm always curious to see what Tristar is doing.  Despite the stupid name of this set these cards look really nice.  Let's take a look.

Photobucket
#73 Sting - Fast Traxx
Now this is an interesting concept for a subset in a wrestling card set.  Fast Traxx details the pictured wrestler's (favorite) car.  Sting apparently things the Dodge Viper is one of the "coolest" cars, but is partial to the 1972 Ford Ranchero.  The Bentley is his dream car.

Photobucket
#54 Christopher Daniels
Photobucket
#41 ODB
Photobucket
#04 Bobby Roode

The base cards look really nice in my opinion.  At least its something a little different.  Tristar used a nice thick card stock and the UV coating is really glossy.  The back of the card features a small write up about the wrestler.

Photobucket
#83 Karen Jarrett - Be My Valentine



Now this is a subset that I just don't get.  I guess it's just another way to get one of their "Knock Outs" on a card!

Overall this is a great effort on the behalf of Tristar.  If I watched more TNA and was a bigger fan then I'm sure I'd enjoy this set even more.  The hobby boxes come loaded so that is the way to go of course.  I've always wondered what Tristar would do if they ever gained the WWE license.

No comments:

Post a Comment