Monday, August 1, 2011

Pack Break - 2011 Topps Football

I don't know about you, but I'm excited about the upcoming 2011 football season.  After going 4 months of not knowing if there was going to be a season to not knowing which players my hometown Carolina Panthers would re-sign or sign...I'm ready!

I've opened a handful of packs of 2011 Score football so far and while I like the fact that they are cheap and fun to open I just didn't feel fully satisfied.  I was happy to see that Topps return to football cards was on the shelf a few days ago at my local Walmart.  I'm loving their 2011 baseball effort so I figured the football cards would be just as good.  That and I really want at least one Cam Newton rookie card!


Photobucket
#352 Pierre Garcon

Photobucket
#057 BenJarvus Green-Ellis

I had never heard of this guy before last year when he ran all over the fantasy league I was in!

Photobucket
#238 Christian Ponder RC

Photobucket
#143 Bilal Powell RC

Photobucket
#275 James Carpenter RC

Photobucket
#SBLG-10 Super Bowl Legends Giveaway

Is this football's version of the Diamond Giveaway?  The back of the card as a code you enter at www.ToppsLegends.com.  There you may unlock a die-cut card or other digital items including rings, coins and jerseys.

Photobucket
#FF-UP Brian Urlacher & Julius Peppers - Faces of the Franchise

Nice looking design...even if it is a Bears card.

Photobucket
#063 Vernon Davis

Photobucket
#307 Cortland Finnegan

Photobucket
#164 Ray Rice

Photobucket
#230 Rashard Mendenhall

Photobucket
#422 Ryan Matthews

As you can see no Cam Newton.  No Carolina Panthers.  Bummer.  Guess that means I'll have to buy another pack (or two)!

3 comments:

  1. I need Garcon and Finegan. I will definitely be buying several packs of this product, so I should have some doubles to trade in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Colbey, if that Bears card is up for grabs I wouldn't mind getting it. I am NOT becoming a football collector, but as soon as as I saw the first card from this insert set I knew I had to get the Bears card. Shame they didn't put Butkus on there with Urlacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the cards this year, I got lucky though, picked up three rams cards from a few retail packs.

    ReplyDelete