Sunday, July 10, 2011

Results from the Quarry

With so many things changing and going on in my life I've had to take a step back from my monthly group break hosting duties.  I'm happy to say that hiflew from Cards from the Quarry has stepped up to fill the void with affordable group breaks!  He has caught on really quick and has what it takes to offer fun, yet affordable breaks for everyone.  I wanted to take a few moments and share some of the great cards I hauled in from last month's group break.

I had the Braves of course and was basically shut out in the 2 Topps Chrome boxes.  I think I got a total of two cards.  I did much better with the box of 1998 Pacific Aurora.  hiflew is like me in that we both love Pacific product.  I however don't share as much love for the Aurora set.  It's a pretty gaudy base design if you ask me, but the inserts (like with most Pacific product) are very innovative and cool.  This had to the single best Braves haul from a group break that I didn't host myself.

Photobucket

Pennant Fever were seeded 1 per pack and feature lots of gold foil.

Photobucket  Photobucket

Ah, pay dirt!  I don't remember the listed odds for these die-cut On Deck insert cards.  Who cares...wow!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've had several new Maddux cards added to my collection recently.  I think we beat the odds with 2 of these On Deck cards.  I'm pretty sure another team got one as well.

Thanks again hiflew for hosting another great group break.  Keep up the good work in my absence!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the cards Colbey. I think the On Decks we 1:9 packs, although we got 5 out of the 36 pack box.

    I agree with you on that particular Aurora base set. The design didn't really do anything for me. I do like 2001 Aurora's design though. That box was just an "I got lucky to find one" type of box for the break.

    I hope everything in your life gets rectified soon because my breaks are cool, but you are the originator.

    ReplyDelete