Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Verse

Today's verse is a rather popular verse.  In fact we have it on the wall above the fireplace in our living room. 


Joshua 24:15 (NIV)

15 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

It's easy to think that we don't have false gods and idols in our lives like there were in biblical days, but many people end up serving many things other than the Lord.  Sometimes its money, prestige, sports, hobbies or something else entirely.  It's easy to lose focus, but every time I walk in the living room I see this verse on the wall and it helps ground me and reminds me of the foundation that I stand on and how I want to raise my family.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment: