Monday, March 28, 2011

Catching up on trading...

With everything going on in my world recently I've let several really good trades go unnoticed and I wanted to take a few moments to give props to everyone that has sent me cards over the last few weeks.


Photobucket

I'll start off with hiflew from Cards from the Quarry.  I noticed he had a few 09 Goodwin Champion cards that I didn't have so I shot off an e-mail.  After a few days I received a package in the mail with those said Goodwin cards and a few extras that I didn't expect like these great 1993 Fleer Tom Glavine Career Highlights!

Photobucket

Michael from Nomo's Sushi Platter has participated in several of my past group breaks and has been a great trader.  I contacted him about a Nomo jersey card I picked up at a local card show and he offered up a nice 08 UD Timeline Josh Hamilton jersey card.  He also threw in some random Braves cards that I didn't have.  Another great trade.

Photobucket

The next stack of cards I received in the mail wasn't necessarily from a trade.  Greg from Night Owl Cards just sent me a package for no reason, don't you just love those kind of packages?!  Among the cards were a few shiny 2011 Topps Platinum Diamond parallels, a few Todd Hollandsworth cards I didn't have along with several Braves and a few other cards for my various PCs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Reader Steve Drennen e-mailed me about a trade for several various cards from my trade lists.  In return he offered up several Braves cards and a few other cards for my PCs.  In addition he sent me several new cards for my batting pitchers collection.  It's been awhile since I've added any new cards so this was very cool.  At first I looked at a few of the cards thinking why did he send me these?  Then I flipped them over and all of the pictures on the back of the cards featured the pitcher either batting, holding a bat or in a batter's helmet.  Nice!

Photobucket

Similar to Night Owl's surprise package I also received one from the Sandlot.  He sent me some shiny Fleer Showcase Braves cards plus an old school Select Tools of the Trade John Smoltz, Josh Hamilton SP minor league and a very nice Hank Aaron among other cards.

I love trading for cards that I don't have so keep those posts and e-mail requests coming.  I'm trying to get my cards cataloged so I can get back on top of things.  Thanks to everyone for the great cards and trades.

No comments:

Post a Comment