Monday, February 14, 2011

Trades w/ the Daily Dimwit, Cardboard Conundrum & Things Are Funner Here

I apologize for the delay in getting these trades posted, but between home life and the group break I'm currently hosting things have been a bit hectic.  This past week brought several new trade packages to the mailbox and I wanted to take a second to show off some of the goodies I got.

First up is the Daily Dimwit.  A while back I sent him a few UD 20th Anniversary cards and some random Houston Astros.

Photobucket

In return he sent me several cards off my want lists for 08 UD Masterpieces, 10 Topps Allen & Ginter and 10 Tristar Obak.  I really appreciate the cards since they fill in several holes on those sets.

Julie from Things Are Funner Here sent me a 2011 Topps Platinum Diamond parallel along with a few 2008 Topps inserts and singles.  I've got a nice little stack of Roy Halladay cards and some random Phillies to send in return now.

Photobucket

I haven't even finished collating my 2008 Topps yet, but I know I have a lot of holes so the cards are very much appreciated.

Matt from Cardboard Conundrum and I have been e-mailing back and forth trying to work out a deal.  He finally enticed me to trade away my 2010 Topps National Chicle Yaz auto I pulled from a pack last spring along with a few other cards.

Photobucket
2010 Panini Classics Julius Peppers (159/180)
While Julius may have moved on to the Bears I couldn't pass up this beautiful card

Photobucket
2010 Panini Threads Jimmy Clausen (239/280)
This is my first letter patch card and I love it.  Sure, Clausen may not have had the best rookie year, but I think he still has the tools to be a good NFL QB.

Photobucket
2010 Topps Allen & Ginter Josh Hamilton Relic
Believe it or not this is my first game-used card for my Josh Hamilton PC!

Photobucket
2008 Topps Allen & Ginter Chipper Jones Relic
I love the red jersey piece!

Photobucket
2008 Topps Allen & Ginter Jeff Francoeur Relic
Many Braves fans didn't seem to care for Francoeur, but I always enjoyed watching him play while he was in Atlanta.  I can never pass up cards of his I don't already have.

In addition to these cards I also received several random Braves cards and a few WWE and WWE Platinum cards from my want list.  This had to be one of the best trades I've made in my first year card blogging.  Thanks Matt!

No comments:

Post a Comment