Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pack Break - 2003 Upper Deck Hulk Film & Comics

I'm back with another cheapo pack from Target's bargain bin.  This time around we have a pack of 2003 Upper Deck Hulk Film and Comics cards.  This is based off the first Hulk flick featuring the awful CGI and Eric Bana as Bruce Banner.

When I first came across these cards a few years ago I thought they would be a lot of fun.  After all the art used on the packs look promising.  Once you tear open the pack however you'll probably be let down just as many were after viewing the movie!  The majority of the cards are movie scenes which for the most part are forgettable.  The few comic cards are nicely done however.


Photobucket
#35 Experiments

Photobucket
#13 Back Off
Photobucket
#47 The Great Unknown (or Unkown as it's spelled on the front!)

Photobucket
#07 Copter Clash
At least the back of some of the cards look better w/ the inclusion of comic art.

Photobucket
#FC37 Famous Covers (March 1994 #415)

Many would agree with me the sole reason to buy packs is for these awesome Famous Covers that are seeded one per pack.  I'm not a huge Hulk fan, but I love Marvel Comics and these cover cards are nicely done.  I believe that is Gary Frank's art on the cover here.  Too bad UD never released a whole Marvel Comics covers set.  There are some amazing covers from title such as Ghost Rider and the Amazing Spider-Man that would make for an awesome set.

2 comments:

  1. I agree about making an entire set of just marvel covers. Or even DC and other comics covers would be cool too. The only reason why I bought those Hulk packs at Target were because of the old comics cover reprints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you needed a few of those cards for your set. I've got a package for you I need to mail. I took care of some of your want list needs.

    ReplyDelete