Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 is off to a GREAT start!

Late last night while watching Sunday Night Football I decided to finally open my lot of 2008 Topps boxes.  I started with a hobby jumbo series 1 and then moved onto a hobby box of series 2.  Once I finished there I moved onto a box of Updates & Highlights I grabbed for cheap on Black Friday.  About half the way through the box and I pulled this:

Photobucket
#'d 27/90
The wrapper odds were 1:867 packs...nice!  It's a beautiful card and though it's technically not a baseball card it's one of the best cards I've personally pulled in awhile and by far the best card I've pulled in this young year.  I'd be up for trading it so if you're reading this and are interested then shoot me an offer of similar "value".

2 cards down in the pack from the stamp card and I pulled another insert, this time 1:75 packs...Take Me Out To The Ballgame

Photobucket  Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Sweet pulls! Good idea going with cheaper, older boxes that still have plenty of value. How'd you do working on the base sets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to do a post recapping each box, but the series 1 jumbo yielded a complete series 1. Still need to collate series 2 and finish opening the U&H box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...sweet pull! I love the stamp card. Definitely beat the odds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pull. I haven't pulled something as cool, but 3 autos in 3 days. Maybe things are picking up.

    ReplyDelete