Sunday, August 1, 2010

I'm worried...

...that the Braves are starting to slide too much. Granted the Braves have been going up against the first place Reds the last 2 games and have split the series I'm not happy.

Photobucket

The starting pitching has been spotty. At this point I would be in favor of Tim Hudson pitching every game for the rest of the season! Tommy Hanson and Derek Lowe just don't seem to be in form.

We are also leaving way too many base runners out there. The offensive production seems to have slacked off lately. Glaus is looking like the same struggling guy from earlier this season. Brian McCann and Martin Prado though have been solid. It'll hurt not having Prado on the field and in the line up for the next few weeks, but at least Omar Infante has been stepping his game up.

At the All-Star break I thought the Braves may just distance themselves from either the Phillies, Marlins or Mets, but now I'm not too sure. I'm not giving up hope just yet as there is still a lot of baseball to be played. I'm hoping the addition of Ankiel and Farnsworth will help the team immediately as there is lots of room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment