Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Braves make it 5 & I play catch up!

First of all I wanted to congratulate the Atlanta Braves for sending 5 players to next week's MLB All-Star game.

Martin Prado has been tearing up NL pitchers all season (.332 average) and I was glad to hear he got bumped up into the starting role...well deserved.

Omar Infante was a surprise when I heard his name, but that didn't mean I wasn't excited. He's been a huge asset for the Braves thus season filling in a 2nd base, short stop, 3rd base and in the outfield. A+ utility player I'm sure any team would love to have.

Jason Heyward - no surprise.

Brian McCann somewhat surprised me too. He's only batting .267 for the season with 10 homers and 34 RBIs. He's been great behind the plate though and should make a great addition to the NL bench this year.

And finally Tim Hudson. Tommy John surgery? You can't tell it by the season he's having thus far. 8-4 with a 2.44 ERA & 58 strike outs.

I believe this has been my longest "absence" from my blog since I started it the first of the year. With work and family these last few weeks have been a little crazy, but that hasn't slowed down my passion for baseball. In the coming posts I'll post some new acquistions both from eBay and from trades.

No comments:

Post a Comment