Friday, May 14, 2010

First ever Group Break coming for Cardboard Collections! Sign up now!

** UPDATED 5/22/10 **

It may be premature for me to try my hand at a group break, but I've had fun participating in 3 over the last few months (Nachos Grande & Thorzul) so I thought I'd give it a try. Since I'm rather new to the world of card blogging I'll need some help from everyone who visits. Please spread the word to other bloggers who may be interested.

I wasn't sure what to offer for starters. Do I go after something semi-expensive that offers guaranteed hits? Or do I go a little cheaper that offers lots of cards and inserts? After doing a little searching I've decided on the following 2 hobby boxes: 2008 Upper Deck SP and 2009 Upper Deck A Piece of History.

For starters let's take a look at what each box may offer.

2008 Upper Deck SP


Hits: One autograph per box

Key Rookies: Evan Longoria, Clay Buchholz, Clayton Kershaw, Jay Bruce, Jeff Clement, Joey Votto, Kosuke Fukudome, Max Scherzer, Nick Adenhart & more

2009 Upper Deck A Piece of History


Hits: 2 memorabilia cards, 1 autograph
- 1 Piece of Hollywood per box on average
- 1 other (Stadium Scenes jersey, Box Score Memories jersey, Timeless Memories)
- 1 Autograph (Rookie, Stadium Scenes, Franchise History, Box Score Memories, Timeless Memories)

Set Highlights:
- 50 Rookies
- 8 (on average) 20th Anniversary cards
- Several levels of parallels (blue, green, gold)
- Several different insert sets

TERMS:
I'm asking $8.50 for each team claimed or 2 teams for $15.00. This amount covers First Class shipping once the group break is over. To claim your team please send your payment via PayPal to colbeykatie at comporium dot net. Please remember to mark your payment as a 'gift' and let me know which team(s) you are claiming as well as your mailing address. I'm awaiting the boxes to ship and I'll update this post once I know when they'll arrive.

I'll be using Random.org to determine who gets the cards that are necessarily tied to one particular team.

As far as the teams go, I claim the Braves! (^8

Arizona Diamondbacks
Atlanta Braves - flywheels
Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox - sportscards1013 (paid)
Chicago Cubs
Chicago White Sox
Cincinnati Reds - Nachos Grande (paid)
Cleveland Indians - Baseball Dad (paid)
Colorado Rockies
Detroit Tigers
Florida Marlins
Houston Astros
Kansas City Royals
Los Angeles Angels
Los Angeles Dodgers -Scott Clayton (paid)
Milwaukee Brewers
Minnesota Twins - Wax in Canada (paid)
New York Mets - BA Benny (paid)
New York Yankees - BA Benny (paid)
Oakland Athletics
Philadelphia Phillies
Pittsburgh Pirates
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Giants
Seattle Mariners
St. Louis Cardinals - Wax in Canada (paid)
Tampa Bay Rays - Scott Clayton (paid)
Texas Rangers
Toronto Blue Jays
Washington Nationals

4 comments:

  1. I'm in. I would like the Mets and Yankees if that is ok. Paypal coming soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take the Rays and the Reds if they are still available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'd like the Red Sox. E-Mail me at:

    sportscards1013@yahoo.com

    Also REALLY interested in that Yaz auto!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    I'll take the Twins and Cards if available.

    Let me know
    Stephane

    ReplyDelete