Sunday, May 16, 2010

2010 Topps National Chicle HIT!

On the way home from church this afternoon we stopped at the local Target to pick up a few things. On the way to the register I stopped by the card aisle and grabbed 2 packs of National Chicle and held them in front of my 7 month old daughter Olivia to pick from. She immediately grabbed the pack on the right, so off it went into the buggy and to the register we went.

One settled in the car I pulled the pack out of the bag and ripped it open. I saw the card on the bottom of the pack was of Ichiro. OK, this may be a good pack. Flipped the pack over and the card on top was of Juan Pierre. Then it was Victor Martinez (Red Sox score for my nephew!), Carlos Beltran & Tommy Hanson. By the time I got to Hanson I was already happy. The next card in the stack I almost glanced right over until the Boston "B" on the hat caught my eye.

Photobucket

Then I realized I had just pulled a autograph of Hall of Famer Carl Yastrzemski! Mine isn't one of the numbered parallel versions, but considering the odds of this card are 1:1,167 needless to say I was happy.

Now I've got to figure out what to do with the card. Do I keep it? Do I trade it? Do I sell it? Do I hold onto it for my nephew until he's older? I'm leaning towards trading it for a nice autograph of a Braves player like John Smoltz, Tom Glavine, Brian McCann, Chipper Jones or Jason Heyward.

Whatever I do with the card this has to be one of the best cards I've ever pulled from a single pack. Perhaps my luck will continue on into this week when I begin my first group break.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, great pull! You need to get your daughter to pick more packs for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great googly moogly that's a great pull. I wish I had any one of those other guys autos to trade...alas, I don't. Great job by your daughter.

    ReplyDelete